FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SEPTEMBER 7, 2017
FieldNET Advisor™ Optimizes Irrigation Through Better Decision Making
The Smartest Solution in Irrigation Helps Growers Decide
When, Where and How Much to Irrigate
(GRAND ISLAND, Neb.) – September 2017— FieldNET Advisor, a groundbreaking new tool from FieldNET® by Lindsay, is taking irrigation management to a new level. Using patented technology, the new tool delivers the smartest solution in irrigation – providing growers with the information they need to make faster, better-informed irrigation decisions.
“FieldNET Advisor is a game-changer for growers and the irrigation industry,” said Brian Magnusson, vice president of technology products at Lindsay Corporation. “This innovative solution uses FieldNET’s industry-leading remote irrigation management platform to drastically simplify and automate the use of proven irrigation scheduling methods, which are backed by more than 40 years of research, to help growers decide precisely when, where and how much to irrigate.”
Magnusson said FieldNET Advisor provides growers with continuously updated, science-based irrigation recommendations that are customized for each field. After entering the field’s crop type, hybrids and planting dates, FieldNET Advisor will:
- Track the available soil water throughout the field by combining a soil map of the field, proprietary dynamic crop canopy and root growth models, the most accurate hyper-local weather data available.
- Create a high-resolution map showing the amount of water available to the crop across the entire field.
- Forecast the crop’s future water needs and predict when and where, without additional irrigation, the yield will begin to decline due to water stress. It also calculates the amount of yield that would be lost due to the stress, which varies based on the crop’s development stage and the severity of the stress.
- Automatically generate variable rate irrigation (VRI) prescriptions, which are continuously updated to account for actual and forecasted weather, changing crop water requirements, and as-applied irrigation.
- Integrate into FieldNET’s powerful remote monitoring and control platform, giving growers the ability to immediately put their irrigation decisions into action and monitor their progress.
“I’ve always done manual soil moisture analysis to formulate my irrigation planning, and I continued to do that after acquiring and using FieldNET Advisor,” said fourth generation Nebraska grower Kendall David. “I’ve found that FieldNET Advisor is almost always spot on to what my hand sampling plan for irrigation would be.”
David said the easy-to-use technology also saves time and valuable resources.
“FieldNET and FieldNET Advisor have easily saved our operation four to six hours per day. The time savings allowed us to drastically increase the acreage under irrigation in our operation without adding any extra man power” he said. “With weather extremes, water conservation has become paramount, and the technology is a game-changer towards creating sustainable irrigation practices for years to come. I would recommend FieldNET and FieldNET Advisor to any producer who irrigates.”
For more information about FieldNET and other innovative irrigation management products and services, please visit booth #702 at Husker Harvest Days, taking place September 12 - 14 in Grand Island, Nebraska. For additional resources, including images and fact sheets, visit zimmatic.com/hhd2017media.