Growsmart Precision VRI allows you to apply exactly the right amount of water to specific areas of your field − giving you full control to maximise yields and profitability. Now integrated with FieldNET the system offers complete remote pivot management, with VRI control, monitoring and reporting.
Precision VRI has provided growers with powerful benefits since 2008. Record crop yields, increased crop production and significant irrigation water savings are all possible with the intelligent Precision VRI system. But what could you save with Precision VRI?
- Trials show irrigation water savings of up to 27% on dairy and field crops are achievable.
- Water is saved through matching irrigation to soil characteristics, and avoiding watering unproductive land such as waterways and wetlands. The water saved can often be redistributed to other parts of the farm.
- Decreased power consumption results in energy savings.
- It has been shown that the system can pay for itself within one irrigation season.
You need Precision VRI if you have:
- Different crops or non-crop areas under irrigation
- Varying soil types
- High run-off areas
- Low areas prone to getting wet and boggy
- Obstacles such as buildings, tracks, drains and roads under your pivot
- Environmentally sensitive areas
- The ability to apply chemigation, fertigation and/or effluent through your pivot
Find out more about how Growsmart Precision VRI works and can benefit you. More
If you are looking for a sector-based variable rate irrigation solution Lindsay also offers Basic VRI (often referred to as sector VRI). Basic VRI allows control of application depths for up to 360 sectors of a pivot area and is available with FieldNET remote irrigation management system. More