FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SEPTEMBER 7, 2017
FieldNET® by Lindsay Expands The Pivot Control Line of Products
Pivot Control Lite Offers Simple, Affordable Remote Irrigation Management
(GRAND ISLAND, Neb.) – September 2017— Pivot Control Lite, the newest addition to FieldNET by Lindsay’s industry leading line of remote pivot monitoring and control solutions, will be among the smart irrigation solutions on display at Husker Harvest Days. The new tool provides growers with a simpler, more cost-effective option for remote monitoring and control of existing center pivots.
“Pivot Control Lite is the simplest and most economical way to add remote control and monitoring capabilities to center pivots,” said Reece Andrews, product manager and FieldNET business manager at Lindsay Corporation. “This lower cost option is the perfect solution for growers who don’t need or want some of the more premium capabilities that come with the full Pivot Control™ solution – such as remote start.”
Pivot Control Lite is designed for retrofit on virtually any brand or model of electric center pivots. An end-of-pivot mounted controller, it delivers many advanced irrigation management capabilities that previously were only available with more expensive and complex solutions. It gives growers the ability to:
- Check the status of their pivot anytime from virtually anywhere via smartphone, tablet or computer
- Receive immediate and customizable text message alerts when the operational status of the pivot changes
- Remotely change the application depth, reverse or stop the pivot, control the end-gun and run variable rate plans
- Utilize FieldNET Advisor™, the only fully-integrated smart irrigation management solution that delivers recommendations on when, where and how much to water
- Consolidate different brands of pivots onto one universal remote interface, so all irrigation equipment can be monitored and controlled via the same FieldNET web portal and mobile applications
- Easily transfer the equipment from one pivot to another on leased or rotational land
- Continue to utilize their existing in-field computerized or mechanical control panel, if desired, while remotely monitoring its operation
“This is an especially great solution for growers with leased land where they have no ownership of the pivot but want the benefits of remote monitoring and control,” Andrews said. “Its location at the last tower makes it extremely simple to install any time of the year.”
Pivot Control Lite also comes with an optional cable theft detection package, so even when the pivot is powered off, Pivot Control Lite will be actively monitoring the span cable.
“Thieves can strip miles of cable very quickly and often go unnoticed,” Andrews said. “With cable theft detection, an email or text alert will be sent when a disruption in continuity is detected. This is valuable, real-time information that can be passed to law enforcement or neighbors to prevent further theft.”
For more information about FieldNET and other innovative irrigation management products and services, please visit booth #702 at Husker Harvest Days, taking place September 12 - 14 in Grand Island, Nebraska. For additional resources, including images and fact sheets, visit zimmatic.com/hhd2017media.