Many growers are faced with the challenge of operating multiple brands of new and existing pivots – particularly machines on leased land.
“Almost half of U.S. cropland is rented, so there are many growers who don’t own the pivots that are operating over their crops,” said Reece Andrews, product manager and FieldNET business manager with Lindsay Corporation. “They want remote control and monitoring capabilities but, because they don’t own the machines, some people are hesitant to make a long-term investment.”
The solution, Andrews said, is Pivot Control Lite.
The newest addition to the Pivot Control family, Pivot Control Lite is an easy-to-install, end-of-pivot mounted controller. It trades some of the control capabilities, like remote start and remote pump operation, to provide a lower cost option.
“Pivot Control Lite is an especially great solution for growers with leased land,” Andrews said. “It’s very easy to install, and it’s portable, so growers can move the controller from year to year on rented or rotational fields.”
Designed for retrofit on virtually any brand or model of electric center pivots, Pivot Control Lite is a compact, powerful solution that allows growers to:
- Check the status of their pivot anytime from virtually anywhere via smartphone, tablet or computer
- Receive immediate and customizable text message alerts when the operational status of the pivot changes
- Remotely change the application depth, reverse or stop the pivot, control the end-gun and run variable rate plans
- Utilize FieldNET Advisor™, the only fully-integrated smart irrigation management solution that delivers recommendations on when, where and how much to water
- Consolidate different brands of pivots onto one universal remote interface, so all irrigation equipment can be monitored and controlled via the same FieldNET® by Lindsay web portal and mobile applications
- Easily transfer the equipment from one pivot to another on leased or rotational land
Pivot Control Lite also comes with an optional cable theft detection package, so even when the pivot is powered off, Pivot Control Lite will be actively monitoring the span cable.